Write the Wrong

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Olympic Fever ... Catch iT!

Normally I don't watch a lot of the Olypmics. Not that I don't like them, it just seems like they always slip by me when I'm not looking. But this year I've really gotten into them. I've really liked the Speed Skating, and of course snowboarding. However, I do have two complaints.

1. NO FREAKIN WAY is Curling an Olympic - Level sport. I will grant you that it is a sport, like Bowling is a sport. But if Curling is a winter Olympic sport, then Horseshoes should be a Summer Olympic Sport. Basically, I don't want to see any "sport" where you can compete at an olympic level while smoking and drinking.

2. I will give it up for Figure Skating, those folks do some crazy shit. But if "Ice Dancing" is a winter Olympic "sport", then Ballroom Dancing should be a summer Olympic "sport".

To sum it up... Winter Olympics = Cool.... Sports you can't get killed doing = NOT Olympic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home