Write the Wrong

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Happy Track-Day!

Well, I lucked out and got into my first Motorcycle Track day of the year yesterday. I got to ride with some friends up at Mid-Ohio Race Course. They just repaved it this year and it is pretty nice. Unfortunately someone had to screw it up right off the bat. There was a rider in the first group that went out, and leaked oil over about half the track! We had to sit around and wait about an hour and a half for the track crew to clean it up. But, once they did we were rolling! I entered the Novice class for this first track day because I wanted to work on just getting my confidence back. After last year's wreck in turn 1 I was still pretty timid, but by the end of the day I was right back in my groove. Okay, I was still pretty sketchy on my left turns, and was definately not hanging off as much as my right. But I was really feeling more confident.

Today I woke up with a sun-burned face and two very, very sore legs! I think some folks got some pictures though, so I'll get those up asap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OBD sayin' howlow!
That's my new introduction just imagine, other brother darryl walking into someone's house and be like "OBD sayin' howlow!" If
you say 'howlow' aloud it almost sounds like
'hello' but it's not, it's just me letting
everybody else know that I am the authority figure, without them actually knowing. 'How high' sounds to obvious.
Any rate, good to hear about the track run, I always wondered why you had a Ducati, now I know. At least you have some place to bring that machine, as they say in the race world, "up to speed." I don't know if they actually say that in the world of race, but in my dreams I say that all the time. The oil shit just sounds dangerous as hell, as in, it's not a perfect clean up everytime, or is it not.
I really have no idea. What am I some british lackey, "or is it not!" Fuckin western european DNA, dammit. Peace g.b.

11:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized after I wrote that previous blog comment entry, that it's the authority figure to say "Jump" and the serf to say "how high", not the other way around, it just showed my place in life, the serf. But that could have been great comedy if I did not respond to my own mistake, right?

11:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home