Write the Wrong

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Harry Potter Review

I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night, and I have to say, I was disapointed. But that's probably because I read the book. Okay... I had the book read to me by Jim Dale. Anyways, I can sum up the movie like this:

If you read the book, you'll spend the entire ride home talking about what they left out.

If you didn't read the book, you will likely leave with absolutely NO idea about what's going on!

Now, I know that the book was HUGE, and had a TON of stuff in it. So much so that if they included all of it in the movie, it probably would have been a six hour movie! But, I think they left out some significant underlying fabric that is going to be really important in following movies. I know that everyone hasn't seen the movie yet, so I won't go into too much detail yet. Maybe in another month or so.

For those of you who haven't read the books, which was me up to a month ago, do yourself a favor, and either read this book, or go down to your library and get the book on tape. Jim Dale reads the books on tape, and does an amazing job. He might be better thatn the movie! You see the first three movies stayed pretty close to the books, but this one is way off. I honestly think you're missing at least half of the story if you only see the movie for this installment. Okay, that's all I'll say... for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home