Write the Wrong

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Well, not everyone is destined for college

I really feel like we don't have enough craftsmen left in this country. Years past, it was a minority of people who went to college after high school. Those that didn't went either into armed forces, trade schools or apprenticeship programs. Now it seems like kids are just expected to go to college. I'm a little concerned at this. I know from my perspective, I got into college, and I had no idea what I wanted to do. I ended up going to a technical school to get my MCSE (Microsoft) certification. It was something I was interested in, and gave me the skills and credentials I needed to get a good job that led to a career.

I really think people need to work with their kids before they push them off to college. I would really like to see more skilled, finish carpenters, electricians, plumbers and such. They are all highly skilled, needed, and valued careers. I recently went to night classes to learn welding, and I had a great time. I learned a lot, and created some pretty cool stuff in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home